Monday, March 4, 2013

I'm back and on a mission!

It's been quite some time since I have touched this blog, but after a much needed break and lots of craziness that life throws at you, I've come back around to this blog and I have a challenge for myself....

During my break from blogging I dealt with numerous health issues both big and small. After WAY too many doctors visits and no real answers I have been doing a lot of research on the way food affects our bodies and the links between certain foods and chronic illness. Do I think I have found the solution?!?! Nope but I am hopeful that I am on to something.

Starting today and ending on April 30th ( But Truly hopefully not ) I will be attempting to be 100% Gluten and Dairy free. It's not going to be easy ( especially because my family will slowly be transitioning to this with me and they don't know ;-) Shhhh don't tell!!!! ) But I have been doing several days on the above diet and have noticed significant differences in just that short time.

SO Here it is....I will post what I'm eating how I'm feeling about it, any health benefits or draw backs I notice, when I mess up and any great victories. I hope you comment along my journey, share things you know, learn or find, maybe try a couple recipes along the way.

The alarm clocks just went off in my house so time to get the kids up and get this day going, and time to start this journey....Today should be interesting SUPER busy day and didn't make it to the grocery store.....Not the best way to start but I am up for the challenge!

A

1 comment:

  1. Amy I am so excited for you on this challenge. I have found I am a completely different person depending on what I eat as well, not to mention sick vs. healthy. So I keep challenging myself to watch the foods I eat more closely. I found January to May is the best time to be strict with my diet...the rest of the year is an upward battle because of holidays, birthdays, and ice cream on a hot summer day:)
    But it is worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete