Friday, March 8, 2013

Ugh.....I really have NO idea what I am doing.....Let's be Honest!

So after a less then successful trip to the grocery store I have realized I have no F&#! idea what I am doing.

Have you read a label lately? There is crap added to EVERYTHING! 
Now don't get the wrong idea, I've been reading labels for years and had a pretty good grasp on things, but seriously I was in Kroger for over an hour and found very few items I was looking for. 

I need to find variety and creative ways to keep favorites in the rotation, without compromising our diet choices. Steve has resigned himself to thinking that nothing will taste good ( good to him is mostly junk food....eating a bag of chips followed by a box of cookies or half a container of ice cream is no big deal for him. He is also a fan of  foods like Pasta Alfredo, pizza, mashed potatoes, french fries, burgers, ect. ). Ava won't be an issue she is always willing to try new foods and LOVES vegetables. Malia will be a challenge. She would live on cereal, bread ( biscuits, pancakes, sliced, ect. )  pizza, pasta, chicken nuggets, chocolate milk and cookies if I let her. She doesn't like to try new things and will just go hungry rather then eat something she doesn't like. 

So I am asking for your help! What are your favorite WHOLE foods? Seasons, oils, what do I need to fill my pantry and fridge with that will provide variety and flavor? What are your HEALTHY must haves? These are my restrictions.

~Gluten Free
~Dairy Free
~No added sugars or artificial sweeteners ( honey, black molasses, brown rice syrup ect are ok ). 
~I want the foods as whole as possible

Thanks for any and all suggestions....Now to go knock a run out before the bus gets here!

2 comments:

  1. You are welcome to read the book I got. Also the Whole30 website has great shopping lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Love! I probably will when you are done with it...Can't take it now I literally watched you open the box it came in :)

    ReplyDelete