Monday, March 18, 2013

Coconut Pancakes and Wine ( Not at the same time! )

This weekend was a MUCH needed break from all responsibilities and just a time to enjoy my family and a really great friend!

We started this weekend right by sleeping in!!!! ( Words can not express how happy this made me! ) Once we were up we had a brunch of Coconut pancakes. It was my first attempt at Gluten free Pancakes and my first attempt cooking with coconut flour. My family was not overly enthusiastic that it would turn out well but willing to try cause they all really wanted pancakes!

I was rather nervous after mixing the ingredients the batter looked a little too thick to work but the directions said it should be brownie thick ( I can't remember the last time I had brownies so I just pretended my batter was exactly like brownies. ) 



Coking them up they were looking a little closer to pancakes so I crossed my fingers for a delicious breakfast ( because let's be honest I need to go grocery shopping and I really couldn't think of a good back up if these ended up in the trash ) 


The Final Product was delicious! The Pancakes were more dense then normal pancakes but my family was too busy stuffing their faces to complain! WINNING!!!! I topped mine with banana's and a little honey.Only thing missing was some macadamia nuts although slivered almonds would have been delicious as well!



Tried to get a picture of the girls but they had both eaten their entire breakfast before I got my camera out! 
( Ignore their room! that was our Sunday Project!! )


My Husband took the girls for the day and let me go out with a friend. We shopped and planned to get pedicures but ended up sipping sangria instead.





Well Once we started ....Who really wanted to stop!?!?



Since it is so much cheaper to drink at home we carried the party on there....

Watched VCU win 

and drank a bit more :)



SO it was a good Saturday!!!

Sunday was a recovery day to say the least ......

After enjoying the day just hanging around the house and  snacking ( so I had to do as little cooking as possible )  I went and taught a St. Patrick's Day Body Jam Class and danced so hard all my snacks came back up! ( after class thankfully no one was privileged to seeing it! ) We had a blast and the best part is we get to do it again tonight ( Hopefully minus the losing the lunch bit ) !!!!

So Today is the beginning of Week 3 and I am surprised it has only been two weeks. There have been very few times I have really missed the "other" food and I feel better then I have in a really long time. I didn't step on the scale at the beginning of this because it wasn't about weight it is about feeling good and getting healthy! Tonight however I will be having my body fat checked ( NOT excited to know this number!! Especially after my drinking weekend! ) But I am interested to see where I am at. Will I share this number.... I DON'T KNOW!!! But  perhaps I can share how it changes .... MAYBE... :-D

Happy Monday All!
~A



















No comments:

Post a Comment