Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Chicken and Colorful Quinoa, it's whats for breakfast?!?!


That is what I started my day off with...Chicken and Colorful Quinoa....Well Foodwise...Not the typical breakfast, and much later then I normally eat ( (9;30am - ish ), but we are having a somewhat lazy snow morning and I just didn't feel like moving to make my breakfast any sooner...

Started the day, with ItWorks! Greens of course, and then training a client with some Aqua Personal Training... Until the Thunder Snow made us have to leave the pool area. Really what is this Thunder Snow it cracks me up!

I slid all over the road on the way home and decided to spend the morning snuggling with my girls and sipping hot tea.

I will say I feel like I won a small battle last night. Before starting this diet I did a lot of research and am truly doing this because of some serious health problems I was having. After showing my husband all the reasons he decided he wanted to try. Among many of the benefits of a gluten free diet is that it helps with gastrointestinal issues and depression. My husband has had, GI issues since he returned from Afghanistan, with no really way to solve the problem. He's be told it is Gulf War Syndrome which is fairly common in a lot of veterans who have been to Iraq and Afghanistan. He doesn't battle depression but has sever PTSD and so anything that MIGHT help him is truly worth trying! 

So all that said to say, Last night he started bitching and moaning that there was no good snack food in the house ( which really means there is no cookies, candy, ect ). I looked at him and said, " You do not have to do this, I will buy whatever you want, but if you want to do this you can't bitch and moan every step of the way." His whole mood changed, and he is totally on board. Steve has NEVER lasted on a diet more then a couple days so that fact that he is actually wanting to do this, gave me hope that this will last! Time will tell and I could eat my words, but hopefully not!

Alright I must get off here, my girls are about to go nuts waiting to go out in the snow! 

Happy Wednesday!
~A    

No comments:

Post a Comment