Friday, May 24, 2013

Food Friday

I've been very busy with recipes this week...




So let's get to all the yumminess 


This week included Cranberry Brussel Sprouts, Omelets, Beef soup, Pasta with meat sauce, and Chocolate Pudding! Yes the pudding is delicious AND healthy! 

Coconut Pancakes
Coconut Pancakes

3 eggs
1 mashed banana
Vanilla
cinnamon
1 tbs coconut flour

So who doesn't like some pancakes on a weekend morning! Who wants the overly full feeling and to have that nagging voice in your head - should you REALLY have had ALL those pancakes and with ALL that syrup?!?! AND BUTTER!?!? Well sometimes the answer needs to be a really loud YES!!! This recipe saves me every time! Let's think about it- I'm eating 3 eggs a banana and little coconut-I'm ok with all of that! I'm even ok with spreading a little coconut butter on top and topping with fresh fruit or 100% maple syrup! The pancakes are a little denser then traditional pancakes but you are FULL and oh so satisfied!


Beef Soup



Beef Soup
Beef ( I prefer grass feed no shit added to my cows organic beef -there is a world of difference! )
Celery 
Carrots
tomatoes
onion
seasonings

SUPER EASY! 
Chop all the above up
I added 8 cups of water ( adjust accordingly to amount you are making ) 
Let simmer for a few hours
DONE!

I put fresh Kale in my bowl and then spoon the soup over top. Let it sit for about 5 mins and  the broth flash cooks the Kale and makes the perfect soup. You of course can add other things peas, potatoes, okra, squash .zucchini. ect. I love to take all the veggies I can find and just throw them in. Always turns out delicious!

Cranberry Brussel Sprouts




Cranberry Brussel Sprouts 
Put Cranberries, Burssel Sprouts, & Coconut oil in a large bag and toss
Put in Pan 
Bake at 350 for about 20-30 min.
Top with walnuts and cook 5 more minutes.

TaDa some of the most delicious brussel sprouts EVER! In fact +Seo Kelleher  couldn't stop eating them! 

So my last recipe to share this week is 

Chocolate Avocado Pudding

I know it sounds nasty and you want to make this face 


But really its delicious! And without a side of guilt how can you go wrong?

You need:
1-2 Avocados 
1-2 mashed bananas ( not overly ripe, i.e . don't save your rotting bananas for this ) 
Coco powder
a dash of vanilla
dash of coconut milk
Honey ( the amount is up to your taste buds ) 

Combine all ingredients together in a food processor, and enjoy! 

I wasn't sure what to expect but 1 bite and I was all


This stuff is even kid approved

Chocolate Avocado pudding and strawberries!


So this week while I was cooking I had 3 major thoughts...

1. One of my favorite and least favorite parts of prepping food for people is cutting the peppers. Always takes the longest! But it is by far one of my favorites when it is done


Call me weird but I love all the colors! Perhaps one of my favorite things about cooking is all the brilliant colors and watching them come together to make something AMAZING!

2. Cooking can be quite the workout. Just from cutting up this steak


My forearms were THROBBING! ( I use scissors to cut most meats, I've been doing it since I was a nanny easiest way to get things bite size for kids and it is just habit now. ) 

3. Am I brave enough to post a picture of my fridge?!?! 


This is right after my morning of cooking....

Anyone else brave enough?!?! I dare you! :)

Have a great weekend! And If you have any wonderful recipe ideas send them my way, I'm feeling creative!

~A







No comments:

Post a Comment