Monday, July 8, 2013

Picking up from where I left off....

Hello to anyone who may still be reading this and Hello to July where the hell did you come from???

So my week with no kids did not turn out as planned, instead the stomach bug from hell hit me and I was out for most of the week. If there was an award for distance of projectile vomit this girl would be the winner hands down! I also learned that if I ever wanted to teach a really hard core class I should simply make the class dry heave they will be sore as #$%@ the next day!!!!

Ok, well that sucks that I got the stomach flu while my kids were gone, but look at the bright side, they didn't get it. Nope they still got it 😞 First Ave the night before we drove home from South Carolina. So her and I were up all night. Trying to make it to the bathroom while not waking up everyone else in the house, and not always making it ... it was a long night with NO sleep and I do not do well with no sleep.

The next morning we met Stacy for a farewell breakfast.  Every 3 minutes Ava and I were running to the restroom. While at breakfast we had to say farewell to some favorite Cinderella underwear as the stomach flu from hell decided to start escaping from both ends of Ava's little body.

After breakfast we hit the road, 7 hour car drive would be totally fine with things coming out of both ends of Ava. Thankfully Ava fell asleep as soon as we hit the road and slept for the first two hours, She suddenly woke up and said mom I need a bathroom, ... and so the next 2 hours of the drive continued... and then she fell asleep again! Malia was amazing the whole car ride! Around  4pm Ava woke up and said I feel all better and asked for something to eat.

Phew... back to normal life.....Thursday, was a normal day ... busy, as I was playing catch-up, but it was a good day. As we were putting the girls to bed Thursday night, we made plans that after swim team in the morning we were coming home and cleaning the girls room.

Friday morning....., hurry girls get up, swim team then cleaning day!
"Mom, my stomach doesn't feel good."
 Me, "Malia you're not getting out of cleaning."
"I'm not mom I promise my tummy just feels weird." .... Off to swim team we go.

Come home, "girls change, grab a snack, I'm running out to the car then cleaning"
 As I come back in Ava greets me at the door " MOM MALIAS throwing up!!!!"
 "Thank you Ava I can see that from the three piles down the hallway!"

Poor Malia was down for the count!!! Cleaning went out the window and sick child parenting was in full affect!. Have I mentioned how well I do when my plans get screwed up?!?!

Thankfully we can now say that the stomach bug from hell is behind us and we are enjoying a busy summer with lots of pool time! In fact swim team 4 mornings a week means I will be trying to wrote while waiting at swim team practice....

So today work started at 5:30am and has already included 2 Grit session and running around like a crazy woman getting stuff done, shower breakfast back to the gym for swim team ( almost over ) then errands, work meeting, trx class, personal training session and then BodyJam launch....and that will be my Monday.

Hope you all have a great Monday!

Amy 😊




No comments:

Post a Comment